Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC) of Cantonment Public School & College, Rangpur was established in 1990. There are two platoons of BNCC at present. These are
(i) Junior Platoon : The Junior platoon includes the students of Class VIII, IX and X. The senior platoon includes the students of Class XI and XII. Each platoon has 31 students in number.
(ii) Senior Platoon : The senior platoon includes the students of Class XI and XII. Here also Each platoon has 31 students in number.
A mid-level college teacher has been assigned with the duty of BNCC in the appointment of Professor Under Officer (PUO).
Motto : Knowledge, Discipline and Unity
FUNCTION: Cadets are trained by a trainer from Bangladesh Army twice a week. They take part in the following activities.
- Capsule Training
- Yearly Training Camp
- Winter Collective Training
- Tree Plantation Program
- Electricity Saving Campaign
- Preventing Eve-Teasing
- Various Social Activities
- To develop individual character, leadership qualities, sense of dedication to national service.
- To provide military training to young students so as to stimulate their interest for the defense of the country.
- To provide disciplined volunteers for the national development programs and during natural disasters.
- To provide a second-line defense in the face of external aggression and invasion.
- To build up a reserve of potential leaders for various walks of national life including the armed forces.
Teacher : Md. Safiqul Islam, Lecturer, Bangla Department.